The CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION
- Posted by Admin1
- On June 26, 2020
Are you amongst those who wonder what exactly goes on at the corporate affairs commission?
Don’t worry you are not alone! I hear same question almost everyday.
So to educate you, the corporate affairs commission amongst many other functions does the following.
1. Incorporation of companies, private public etc
2. Registration of business names and incorporated trustees
3. Conducting corporate searches
4. Processing the statutory fillings of annual returns
5. Supervising the management and winding up of companies
6. Registration of receivership
7. Conducting investigations into the affairs of companies and business organizations
8. Registration of change of names, registered business addresses, change of directors, increase and decrease in share capital of a business, change of particulars of allotment of shares amongst others.
9. appointment of liquidators
10. Establishing and maintenance of companies registry. Th were are so many more the corporate affairs commission can do.
If you do not have a file at the corporate affairs commission then you are running illegal venture.